Monday, February 28, 2011

You Love Me Anyway - Sidewalk Prophets

On Friday night, the lyrics to a song I have heard probably a couple of hundred times spoke to me in a new way.  It doesn't matter what I do or what I have done, Jesus loves me anyway. He knew the struggles I would have and the mistakes that I would make. He knew that He would not always be first in my life.  He knew that there would come a time when I crave food more than I do Him. He knew that even though He worked a miracle in my life when He saved my marriage, I would still one day not look to Him first... But He Loves Me Anyway. 


"I am the thorn in Your crown
But You love me anyway
I am the sweat from Your brow
But You love me anyway
I am the nail in Your wrist
But You love me anyway
And I am Judas’ kiss
But You love me anyway
I am the man who yelled out from the crowd
For Your blood to be spilled on this earth-shaking ground
I turned away with this smile on my face
With this sin my heart tried to bury your grace
Alone in the night I still call out to You
So ashamed of my life, my life, my life
But You love me anyway
Oh God how You love me"


He knew everything I would do and He still went to the cross for me.  How can I even think I deserve anything? When He gave it all so that I could have the life I do. His love and grace are bigger than me. They are bigger than I can understand. If that isn't personal; if that doesn't convict me to walk away from the physical/emotional temptations that Satan has used to wedge a wall between me and Jesus, I don't know what can!

1 comment:

Jessica E said...

That happens to me too sometimes. I love when God does that. Icould have heard the song a hundred times before but one day I hear it and its as if I never really heard what was really being said until then!