Saturday, May 22, 2010

This is the kind of day I live for!

Today has been a great day! As a mom, this is the kind of day I live for! The kids have been wonderful; they have played so good together. They have been using their imagination. They have not been fighting at all. There has been no disobedience. No time outs, no yelling... from neither me nor the kids. We have played and cleaned and watched a movie. This is definitely a winner in the mom book!

Thank you Jesus for this day! I pray for my children to begin to understand that obedience and good behavior make for really good and fun days. Let me also understand that obedience to you leads to a peaceful life. Give me all that I need each day to be the mother and wife you would have me to be. It is a pleasure and a privilege to live for you! I love you Lord. Amen

1 comment:

Marybeth Whalen said...

Hi Dana-- Shadowlawn is a private residence-- it belongs to the parents of my friend Kim. It is quite the extraordinary place restored to its original glory over a ten year process. It's right near the main street of Blowing Rock. Very neat!