Monday, October 6, 2008

Ladies Retreat at Muir's Chapel UMC

The weekend at Michelle’s church’s Ladies Retreat was great.  I had such a great time there and met a lot of really great people.  I was nervous at first, especially after my sis-in-law Michelle introduced me on Friday night.  On Saturday and even more so on Sunday, I realized what I already knew... God was in control.  It actually felt really natural for me to be talking to this group of ladies.  I am certainly no body special with nothing special to say, but as Michelle had told me I not important enough to stop God from using me.  I hope that He was able to use this damaged vessel, this everyday person with nothing special to say for the glory of His kingdom!  I thank God for the trials  I have had in my life and pray that what I have learned from them that I am always bold enough and transparent enough to share with others.  I need to be careful what I pray for, but I pray, “God, please use me for your glory!”  This is a really fun ride!  Maybe I should hang on :-)

No comments: