Saturday, November 8, 2008

I've Been Tagged!


















My sister in law Michelle has tagged me.  Ok, this is much harder than I thought it would be.  I had to try multiple times before I could come up with 7 different things

  • As a teenager I wanted 6 kids.  I was always envious of large families having come from a small family without any cousins.  I remember a family that used to come into the grocery story where I worked and they had 7 children.  They were always so well dressed and well behaved.  I always thought that holidays at their house must be so much fun.  Well, now I have 3 children and even on the days when I think I am going to go completely insane... I still want 3 more. 

  • I hate to exercise.  I have never been athletic... I want to compete in a triathlon.  I really have no idea why other than that is something I want to do before I die... seems like a good accomplishment :-)

  • Doug and I love to camp and we love to take our kids camping.  This spring we hope to take our three kids (ages 4, 4 & 2) along with their cousins (ages 14, 11, 11 & 3) camping in the mountains.  That will be the 2 of us with 7 children... maybe after this trip I will rethink the whole six kids thing, LOL!

  • I am passionate about Women’s Ministry!  I think that women today are plagued with self esteem and self worth issues (myself included).  We have so much that we think we have to live up to because of the media and hollywood.  I hope to be able to impact women all over through an online bible study ministry.  I hope to write about and teach women how to know their worth and beauty through the love of Christ not through media and TV comparisons!   Check out my website www.danaduggins.com for more info.

  • What is the one thing I would do if I could not fail?  I would adpot older children.  The ones that are not wanted... the ones that will never have a home or a family to love them unconditionally... the ones with so much baggage... the ones who’s hearts are damaged.  If I couldn’t fail... I would bring them to my family and love them.  I would teach them about God’s love and grace.  I would do everything I could to teach them that they are valuable and worthy and can be somebody.  Maybe someday I will have the courage...

  • I am a critical care/ER nurse and I love what I do.  Since I have to work I am really glad that I like my job.  But.... if I were ever to change careers, I would study meteorology.  I love the weather and science.  I denied it for years, but I really am a nerd!  I took 5 semesters of Chemistry in college because I LIKED IT.

  • I love to take baths!  They are so relaxing.  Even if for only 10 minutes... it is 10 minutes of solitude in hot, rejuvenating water.  I am a more calm person after.  The only thing better is 20 minutes with good smelling bubble bath and book :-)
I am going to tag:

Lisa because she needs to update her blog and I think she will have fun with this.

Andrea because she too needs to update her blog and I am interested.

Angie because I think she will think it is fun and the people at church will enjoy reading it.

Paula because she did not have a blog when Michelle did the tagging... so I get to tag her, LOL.

Erik & Kari because they are so much fun and I can only imagine what they will say :-)


Have fun everyone!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for checking out our blog today! I just checked out yours & I think I might be following yours too! I sent the link to my sister, Nicole because her marriage is in serious trouble. Don't tell my mom that I said that. I want to help my sister the very best that I can but I have learned that she needs to figure it out on her own. She has started going to church with us & that is a huge step. I hope that you can help her.